Hello, to all loving and strong mothers, wish you a very happy motherhood journey.in this article, I will explain to you how to reduce your back pain and the reason behind back pain after a c-section.
I know women go through a lot .as a physiotherapist I know what are the management of back pain after a c-section. but after being a mother and going through a c-section. I know it’s a little tough in the beginning. c-section is a major abdominal surgery .right after surgery we have to feed our baby, have sleepless nights, lift baby and whatnot.
that’s why writing this blog so that mothers get educated and live pain-free life.
Breaking the Myth
first of all, I strongly break the myth that the majority of woman does have in their mind. myth: due to c-section women have to suffer from back time for a lifetime. this is the biggest myth. the false saying goes that due to injection back pain occur for a lifetime.
now you might be thinking that then what is the truth behind back pain after a c-section? here is the answer .let’s first understand how a c-section has been done .in c -section doctor first give anaesthesia in the spine .then cut the layer of skin, fascia, then abdominal muscle then uterus to take out the baby and performs the whole surgery.
now during anaesthesia, the needle is hair type thin needle .for example when fractures occur in bone.it takes 3 months to heal .then how hair like a thin needle can cause lifetime pain in the back. I hope that now your doubt gets cleared.
how our body reacts
exercise is solution
Women who do not do postnatal exercise suffer from back pain. It can be completely cured with the right exercise training.
factors responsible for back pain
while giving breastfeeding to a baby woman feel pain because of improper posture lead to pain in the back
- taking care of baby
mother doing lots of stuff to take care of baby. lifting, cleaning.it demands more of bending movement of the spine
As the mother loses so much blood during delivery, poor nutrition after delivery leads to weak bones and muscles.
- weight gain
weight gain is also one of the factors that are responsible for back pain,as weak muscles can’t bear more load
sleepless nights and lack of rest causing stress and a tight body.
Tips to manage back pain
what are the best ways you can manage or prevent back pain?
Often, back pain after a c-section is temporary and will subside over time, but if it isn’t resolved, it can last a lifetime.
in the meantime, here’s a look at several ways to help your back feel better.
READ MY BOOK ON VITAMIN B12 DEFICIECNY As IN THIS BOOK I HAVE SHARED SOME HEALTHY DIET SOURCES AND Habit WHICH HELPS TO MAINTAIN GOOD LEVEL OF VITAMIN B12 AND OVERAALL WELLBEING . HHERE IS THE LINK Truth behind vitamin B12 deficiency.
- get a massage : It is a tradition in India to get a massage after delivery. This allows the muscles to relax and repair faster, reducing pain.
- if you are lifting any object from the floor make sure you bend your knees and keep the object close to your body and lift whether it’s a baby or object keep your spine straight while bending down.
- hot bath
- It is recommended that a new mother take a bath with hot water to relax her muscles.
- When you feel pain in your back, rest. Get enough sleep whenever you can, because your mother has varied sleepless nights. If the mother does not get enough sleep, the muscles become tense and a stiff body is a result.
5)choose gentle exercises:
choose a gentle exercise that helps a mother to build muscle strength .here are a few exercise that will be helpful to build muscle strength.
- back walk: start back walk for a minimum of 20 minutes at a stretch.
- Kegel exercise: This is well known exercise is used for strengthen a urinary muscle .and also helps in strengthening pelvic floor muscles.
method: you have to try to stop urine such as if you have urgency of urine and you try to stop for few time .this type of act you have to do .this exercise you can do for as much as you want and multiple times in a day .its very important exercise during pregnancy as well after delivary weather its a normal delivary or c-section.
- beginners abdominal exercise :
- you have to do shown movements in the below image .very slowly and start with 10 repetition .gradually increase the repetition.make sure you don’t feel any pain during any exercise .this exercise you can start after 20 days of c-section.
- advance stage: as shown in the below image lie down like this .simply lift one leg hold for 5 second and gradually lift another leg and hold for 5 second .
90 90 hip and knee position
after practising this way you can hold both leg in 90 90 position for 5 seconds .
this exercise also you can start after 20 days .
Getting Comfortable with this exercise takes some time and practice .but once you understand the mechanics through implementation ,you will love to do this exercise as you feel strong with your back .no pain .and you can able to do all the work without any pain .
Don’t focus on doing so many exercise instead master 2 or 3 exercise and your work gets done.
I hope this article gave you a good idea and broken myth about back pain after c-section .
Share this article with all the mothers who are suffering from back pain .this might help them to know the facts and overcome pain. As meaningful sharing can change or improve someone’s life.
any questions? leave a comment.