Hey, are you suffering from the worse low back pain in the morning? Then in this article, I will share with you tips to reduce morning back pain.
I Can understand your feeling of exhaustion and frustration about it but in this blog, you will get the answers to it. You will get to know what exactly happens in the morning on your spine and what to do to prevent morning pain, so read it till the end.
There is no better person than me who has experienced tremendous pain in the morning and successfully get rid of it.
How did pain increase in the morning for people who have Lower back pain?
Let me explain to you the basic structure of the spine so you can exactly understand the matter.
Our spine is made up of vertebrae and discs. A disc is made up of water content and its gelly like structure. the function of a disc is to absorb the shock. when our back muscles become weak that’s where all the body weight starts coming on the disc.
During the day our disc bears a lot of pressure, So by the end of the day, our disc size reduces to a half-inch more than actual. At the night our disc repairs itself by absorbing water from our body. so by the morning our disc size increases & that’s why you will notice that your height has been increased a half inch.
People who have back pain have weak muscles in common and people who have disc issues feel worse pain in the morning.
The reason behind their worse back pain is, disc size increases in the morning and when they wake up in the morning all pressure directly falls on their disc because muscles are already weak to bear the load.
The people who have disc pain or any pathology related disc and ankylosing spondylitis these two main condition causes more morning pain.
Remedies to reduce morning back pain.
Few things I will suggest to you add to your sleeping postures.
If you are sleeping straight put a pillow directly under your knees.
3) After waking up you should lie down on your stomach for 10 minutes then turn on one side and wake up. This is the perfect way to wake up from bed.
4) Do exercise suggested by your physiotherapist for at least 4 days a week. exercise will strengthen your back and abdominal muscles so you won’t feel any morning pain after regular exercise.
5) One of the facts that I would like to share is, Once our disc met with an injury we will have to take extra care of it and have to add a regular exercise routine into our lifestyle, Otherwise we will feel frequent pain and recurrence injury.
6) No medicine can strengthen the muscle, so exercise is the only option.
7) Back walk is my favourite exercise if sometimes you don’t want to do any exercise then you can do a back walk for 30 minutes while watching or listening to any music.
Do this if it’s pain-free for you.
8) Never do any muscle strengthening exercise by watching google or youtube videos because your physiotherapist will check which muscles need to be strengthened and then he or she will suggest you the exercise. as every person and everybody is different.
Above mentioned all of the things are in my daily routine and I do not feel any back pain in the morning. I have two times disc herniation history and I am sharing this all from my personal and practical experience.
- Never do bending just after waking up from the bed.
2 If you are using a modern toilet then you should put one stool under your feet and make sure your spine remains straight.
3) make sure you start bending activity after 1 hour of waking up.
4) If you want to perform yoga or any bending exercise then do it after 3 hours of waking up or skip it to the evening. NOTE:- This advice is for people who have back pain.
5) If you want to lift or pick up any object from the floor then you should bend your knees and keep the object close to your body and lift.
GOOD LEVEL OF VITAMIN B12 ALSO HELPS IN REDUCING NERVE PAIN .YOU CAN READ MY BOOK ON Truth behind vitamin B12 DEFICIENCY
So I hope you get your satisfactory answer.
Sometimes we just read things on the internet but procrastinate on applying them. so with small steps, you should start having changes in your lifestyle.
Doing customised exercises guided by a physiotherapist will help you to recover fast and treat your cause from roots. There is no medicine or herbs or energy healing to replace exercise. you have to do exercise to keep your muscle strong enough.
Comment your feedback after applying the tips I have shared with you If you need consultation from me visit my website or you can connect with us on social media too.